Timings : 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The beach is open for day trips between 9-4. if you're planning to do adventure sports visit in between 10 AM -2 PM. The beach closes at 4 PM
Duration : 3 - 4 hrs
Charges for Locker Room :
Facilities : * Locker rooms available
* Public toilets available at certain spots
* Snacks and seafood available in plenty at the beach shore
* Tour guides available
* First aid provision at select places
Elephant Beach trek : Distance: 2 km
Charges: INR 500 per head for the complete trip
Planning a Trip? Ask Your Question
With its brilliant coral reefs and alluring cyan waters, the Elephant beach is one of the locations that add to the beach paradise reputation of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. These waters are a prime destination for tourists wishing to engage in water sports like snorkelling, swimming, banana boat rides, speed boats and diving. There are two ways to reach Elephant Beach: Take a ferry from Havelock Jetty to Elephant Beach (1000 INR per person) or trek for half an hour with a guide (INR 500). The trek starts at a distance of 2km from Radhanagar Beach.
For those who are here to relax, the beach offers some exciting food and drink options while one lounges leisurely on the sands. One could also engage in other adventurous activities like bird-watching, trekking and kayaking. As this area is famous for its coral reefs, sea walking is a major activity undertaken by almost every visitor to this beach, making this one of the best beaches of India.
Best Time to Visit : April to June or during winters from November to March. Avoid visiting Elephant Beach during rainy season. The beach and the trekking area inside the jungle get slippery and can be very dangerous. Monsoon begins around August. During this time, entry to the beach and sports are usually closed.
Things to Note : * Mobile network can be an issue in the area. BSNL and Airtel work the best.
* No elephant ride available
* Scuba diving can be done at Havelock Island even if you don’t know about swimming. However, one must go ahead only under expert supervision
* If you wish to undertake any of the water activities you must declare your health condition and make necessary disclosures
* Always check the weather beforehand
* Confirm with a local tour guide if it’s suitable for you to go in for water sports
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
₹ 5,786 onwards
₹ 13,570 onwards
₹ 4,754 onwards
₹ 41,300 onwards
₹ 14,750 onwards
₹ 7,019 onwards